Saturday, August 17, 2013

Called To Serve

It's been a long, long time since the last post I made on this blog. I originally thought it would be good for me as a second journal - turns out I was much better at journalling by hand, and microblogging than having an entire page solely for myself.

But today, that page has a new look, a new name, and a new purpose - to help inspire and lift up all those who might read it. After August 21st, my parents will be updating this blog so that everyone can know about the wonderful experiences I have in the Provo Utah Missionary Training Center, as well as when I enter the mission field in Irvine, California, where I have been called to serve for 18 months.

Until then, I'd just like to share with everyone how thankful I am for their roles in my life. I truly believe that we are meant to be happy in this life, and there is a sacred plan established so that we can be. That plan involves loving other people, and the more people that have entered into my life, the more love I have to give. Thank you all for showing me how beautiful the world can be, and for reminding me of something very important.

When Jesus Christ served his mission - a mission full of love, teaching, and kindness - a lawyer asked him the following, "Master, which is the great commandment in the law?"

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." (Matthew 22:36-40)

Thanks to the loving influence of my friends, family, and acquaintances, I've learned that loving others - and showing them you love them through their actions - is something that brings not only great happiness, but also a peace that nothing on this earth can compare to.

I love all of you, and I look forward to spending the next 18 months sharing that love with others that may be in need of it.

Love,

Sister Taetem Brooke Simms

No comments:

Post a Comment